Here you will find Articles and Blogs and Resources that you may find beneficial. Welcome any more suggestion you as a member may have.
Gendlin, Eugene. “Focusing - How to gain direct access to your body’s knowledge” (25th Anniversary Edition). Rider Books, London 2003.
Weiser Cornell, Ann - "The Power of Focusing: Finding Your Inner Voice". New Harbinger Publications April 1996
Campbell, Peter & McMahon, Edwin. “Bio-Spirituality; Focusing as a way to grow” (2nd. Edition). Loyola Press, Chicago, 1997.
Weiser Cornell, Ann & McGavin Barbara. “The Radical Acceptance of Everything: Living A Focusing Life”. Calluna Press, 2005.
Many articles by or on Eugene Gendlin’s work – free access by the Gendlin Online Library
Interviews with people involved in different aspects of Focusing – video and audio material
The British Focusing Association website also has a wide range of articles and blogs on their website
Ann Weiser Cornell – “The Power of Listening” access at:
Experiments in The Play of Felt-Sensing
Australian researcher, Focusing Teacher, Greg Walkerden and Psychotherapist and Focusing Teacher, Jane Quayle, have been developing ways of how felt-sensing might come into play in ordinary conversations, in idea generation or problem solving in the workplace/communities and in how the whole field of felt-sensing might broaden out beyond the traditional Focusing model, centred on Focusing alone or in partnership.
They have called this work Experiments in the Play of Felt-Sensing. They have been running courses inviting Focusers to try out these experiments for themselves. They have generously made all these available for free for use and experiment by Focusers, who are free to use them in their own practice and teaching. They simply ask that the source of them is credited to Greg Walkerden and Jane Quayle. They are copyright free.
Some of the ‘experiments’ are quite simple, some more complex, depending on the context. It might be interesting for IFN members to get together and experiment and see what emerges.
1 & 2 - Letting felt meaning function richly in conversation handout.pdf
3 - Explicating your felt sense of someone you know well handout.pdf
4 - Feeling me in us.pdf
5 - Helping conversational partners use felt sensing microprocesses.pdf
6 - Exploring how conversational scaffolds create spaces for felt sensing.pdf
Articles from members of the Irish Focusing Network
- Mary Jennings - Pause for Thought - Read by clicking here
- Mary Jennings, Margaret Quinn - On Setting Up a Reading Group to Explore Gendlin’s Philosophy
Suggestions emerging from a Roundtable on the topic - Read by clicking here
- John Keane Interview - BioSpiritual Focusing - The Focusing way - Listen by clicking here: https://www.thefocusingway.com/biospiritual-focusing-john-keane/
- Book Review: 21 Days to Better Boundaries by Ann Weiser Cornell reviews by Tom Larkin. Click here to read
Articles for our Newsletters
- John Keane: Children and Focusing Rountable May '22: "Exploring Nightmares with Children" with Harriet Teeuw Read here
- Ards Retreat Centre is now BioSpiritual Institute’s Designated Centre of excellence. Read more
- A reflection from the In-Person Gathering Sept 2022 by Caroline Moore. Read more.
- A reflection from the Advanced and Certification Weeklong in Dublin Oct 2022 by Therese Ryan. Read more.
- Why Read Gendlin’s Philosophy (and How to Begin)? by Mary Jennings. Read more.
- Goddness of the Bog and Focusing by Denise Durocher. Read more
- BioSpirituality and the Murky Edge An Exploration of the Role of the Felt Sense in Spirituality
John Keane writes about his 2 hour presentation at the Felt Sense Conference in January 2023 Read article here
The International Focusing Institute: www.focusing.org/
The British Focusing Association: https://www.focusing.org.uk/
Ann Weiser Cornell - Focusing Resources - www.focusingresources.com/
The BioSpiritual Institute, Inc. - www.biospiritual.org/
The International Focusing Institute Children's Focusing - https://focusing.org/felt-sense/children-and-focusing
Book: Focusing with Children by Marta Staapert
You will find lots of videos on YouTube but Nada Lou's Channel in particular is very informative:
Click to image to leave the website and go directly to YouTube.