Focusing can be applied to a broad range of areas of self development: psychological, professional, social and spiritual.
Focusing brings many benefits, we have attempted to outline some below.
- Enables us to listen to ourselves with gentleness, curiosity and compassion.
- Brings acceptance and insight regarding whatever is going on in our lives.
- Offers a way to be with painful emotions that enables a life-forward direction.
- Deepens our relationships with ourselves and others.
- Reduces self-criticism, stress and bodily tension.
- Fosters easier decision-making.
- Provides space for creative solutions to emerge from seemingly stuck situations.
- Fosters creative expression and fresh thinking